Pork butt or shoulder is an economical cut of meat that's perfect
for making this slow-cooked stew topping for pasta.
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara pasta sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine or water
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces fusilli pasta
- Place first 4 ingredients in 3-quart slow-cooker.
- Top with pork.
- Combine sauce, tomato paste, wine, fennel seeds, pepper flakes and
salt. Pour over pork; cover.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours, until tender.
- Transfer pork to plate.
- Use 2 forks to shred pork; stir into sauce in slow-cooker.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Source: Woman's World - October 17, 2006