Slow Cooker Shredded Pork & Pinto Tacos
Slow Cooker Shredded Pork & Pinto Tacos is a great recipe for Cinco de Mayo
or anytime during the year. Dinner is ready when you get home!
- 1 pound pork shoulder
- 1 (1 pound) package Camellia Brand Pinto Beans
- 6 ounces beer or chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, minced, or to taste*
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños
* Remove ribs and seeds for less heat or omit peppers entirely based on your preference.
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker. Add pinto beans, beer or chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeños, onion, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, taco seasoning, salt and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours or on HIGH heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove lid at end of cooking time and shred pork using two forks directly in the slow cooker. If there's too much liquid, continue to cook with cover off for a little while. If it's too dry, add more water.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping several in aluminum foil and heating in a 350 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes. Or warm individual tortillas over a gas burner, using tongs to flip and heat each side.
- Add pork and bean mixture to warmed tortillas and add toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 tacos | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 8 min
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: