Super Italian Sausages
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup water
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Hot dog buns or spaghetti
- Place sausage in skillet, cover with water and simmer at least 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Add drained sausage, cut into hot dog lengths.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours (or more).
- Increase temperature to HIGH, and cook 1 hour longer.
- Serve in buns or over cooked spaghetti.
Skins of sausage disappear during cooking.