Super Italian Sausages
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup water
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Hot dog buns or spaghetti
- Place sausage in skillet, cover with water and simmer at least 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Add drained sausage, cut into hot dog lengths.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours (or more).
- Increase temperature to HIGH, and cook 1 hour longer.
- Serve in buns or over cooked spaghetti.
Skins of sausage disappear during cooking.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.