Sweet Jalapeno Ribs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10.5 ounce) jar red jalapeno jelly
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle steak sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place beans in a 4-quart slow cooker. Set aside.
- Cut ribs apart; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil 5 1/2 inches
from the heat, with electric oven door partially opened, for 18
to 20 minutes or until well browned, turning once.
- Add ribs to slow cooker and sprinkle with chopped onion.
- Combine jelly, steak sauce, and, if desired, chopped jalapeno peppers
in a saucepan; cook over low heat until jelly melts.
- Pour over ribs and stir gently.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or on LOW for 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove ribs; skim fat from sauce.
- Cook sauce with beans, uncovered, on HIGH for 30 minutes more or until slightly thickened.
- Add ribs just before serving to reheat.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Pork Recipes