Apricot Glazed Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup good-quality chunky apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup bottled Russian dressing
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed of fat (about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the apricot preserves, dressing,
and dry soup mix until well blended.
- Arrange 3 of the chicken breast
halves in the bottom of a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Spoon a fourth of the apricot mixture on top.
- Add 3 more layers of chicken with the apricot mixture in between and on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce the heat setting to LOW and continue cooking, covered, 2
1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white throughout;
do not overcook or the chicken will toughen.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.