Apricot Lemon Chicken
With a hint of both sweet and sour, this zesty, slow-cooker dish
is a favorite with kids, especially when served with fluffy white
rice and peas.
- 2 pounds boneless breast of chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme (or 3-4 four sprigs fresh thyme, if available)
- Pull chicken breasts apart and place them in the bottom of a 4 1/2
quart (or similar) slow cooker.
- Squeeze the quartered lemons over
the chicken meat, and drop the squeezed lemon quarters in the pot.
- Pour orange juice over the chicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Yield: 6 servings
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Chere.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Chicken and Turkey Recipes