Apricot Lemon Chicken
With a hint of both sweet and sour, this zesty, slow-cooker dish
is a favorite with kids, especially when served with fluffy white
rice and peas.
- 2 pounds boneless breast of chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme (or 3-4 four sprigs fresh thyme, if available)
- Pull chicken breasts apart and place them in the bottom of a 4 1/2
quart (or similar) slow cooker.
- Squeeze the quartered lemons over
the chicken meat, and drop the squeezed lemon quarters in the pot.
- Pour orange juice over the chicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Yield: 6 servings
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Chere.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.