Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Use at least a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Uncooked traditional lasagna noodles
- 4 boneless, cooked chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella and cheddar blend)
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large glass bowl, combine chopped chicken breasts, pasta
sauce and buffalo wing sauce.
- Ladle a large spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, broken
to fit properly.
- Add a bit of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles.
- Add a
layer of chopped bell peppers.
- Sprinkle on a handful of shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
- Add the bleu cheese crumbles, if desired.
- Put the 1/4 cup water into the empty pasta sauce jar and shake.
- Pour the liquid over the top of the entire lasagna.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- When cooking time is complete, unplug and take off the lid of
the slow cooker.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before cutting into it, or it will fall apart.