Cajun Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (optional)
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken Dijon soup
- Open chicken breasts up to lay flat and flatten as much as possible
with a mallet.
- Brown chicken breasts in butter over medium-high heat and dredge
each whole chicken breast in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place browned and breaded chicken on baking sheet in one layer.
- Cut the chicken breast halves apart.
- Lay deli ham on one half of
each chicken breast and place the other half on top.
- Layer chicken breast packages in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with Creole seasoning and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
During the last hour of cooking, use a fork to spread out chicken pieces and lay a slice of pepper jack cheese over the
top of each chicken package.
- Spoon soup over all.
- Dish is ready to serve when the soup has thoroughly heated and the
chicken packages are glazed.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.