- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- 1/2 cup Chinese pea pods
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cooked rice
- Place chicken and mushrooms in a slow cooker. Add green onions, soy sauce, ginger,
broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 4 hours.
- Add bamboo shoots, cashews and pea pods. Turn control to HIGH.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into chicken mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring at least once.
- Serve over cooked rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.