This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken-Chile Pepper Stew
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound small potatoes, cut lengthwise in halves and then cut crosswise into slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Place chicken, potatoes, onions, poblano peppers, jalapeno pepper
and garlic in slow cooker.
- Stir together chicken broth, tomatoes, chili powder and oregano
in large bowl.
- Pour broth mixture over chicken mixture in crock pot. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
Yield: 6 servings