Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can vegetable juice cocktail (V8)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1/2 cup celery; chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup sharp American cheese, shredded, divided
- 2/3 cup milk
- Put green beans in slow cooker.
- Mix together chicken, potatoes, chicken
broth, vegetable juice, celery, onion, chili powder, salt and hot pepper sauce, and add to slow
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Turn to HIGH and heat until bubbly.
- Add water at this point if needed.
- Combine biscuit baking mix, cornmeal, 1/2 cup
cheese and parsley.
- Add milk and stir until just moistened.
- Drop by tablespoons onto stew; cover.
- Cook for 2 1/2 hours more (don't lift cover).
- Sprinkle dumplings with remaining cheese.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.