This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken Deli Casserole
- 1 (32 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low calorie Russian salad dressing
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place half the sauerkraut in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Drizzle with about 1/3 cup of the dressing.
- Top with 3 chicken breast halves and spread the mustard over the chicken.
- Top with the remaining sauerkraut and chicken breasts.
- Drizzle another 1/3 cup dressing over the casserole.
- Refrigerate the remaining dressing until serving time.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until
the chicken is white throughout and tender.
- To serve, spoon the casserole onto 4 or 5 plates.
- Sprinkle 3 to 4 tablespoons of cheese over and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the
Russian dressing on top.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.