Chicken with Fresh Herbs (T&T)
- 2 leeks, sliced and rinsed well
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or thighs
- 4 ears corn
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (we love garlic and I always add lots, this will depend on your taste)
- Place the cleaned leeks on the bottom of a slow cooker or slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breasts or thigh on top.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs and sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- Layer the shredded carrots over the corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and
garlic mixing well.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 5 hours or until the chicken is tender.
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 1/4/2002 9:50 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.