- 3 whole chicken breasts (or 6 halves)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut whole chicken breasts into halves.
- In bowl, beat egg, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg then coat with crumbs.
- In large skillet, sauté chicken in butter or margarine.
- Arrange eggplant and chicken in slow cooker with eggplant on bottom.
- Pour pizza sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add mozzarella cheese 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 servings