This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken Santa Fe
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa, divided
- 5 or 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a slow cooker, mix together the beans, corn and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Top with the
chicken breasts, then pour the remaining 1/2 cup salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and
white throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will toughen.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover, and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings