Chicken and broth may be cooked the day ahead of serving and
be refrigerated at this point. Then 1 hour before serving time,
combine the remaining ingredients and complete.
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) chicken, cut up
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in 2-inch pieces, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In slow cooker combine chicken, water, salt, thyme, pepper and parsley.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or until chicken is very well done.
- Remove chicken and strain broth into a bowl.
- Remove meat from bones.
- Cut chicken into slivers and set aside.
- Add butter to slow cooker and turn on HIGH.
- Melt butter, stir in flour.
- Gradually pour in broth, then cream.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Stir in cooked chicken, mushrooms and cooked spaghetti.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.