- 1 (2 1/2 pound) chicken, cut up
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in 2-inch pieces, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In slow cooker combine chicken, water, salt, thyme, pepper and parsley.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or until chicken is very
- Remove chicken and strain broth into a bowl.
- Remove meat from bones.
- Cut chicken into slivers and set aside.
- Add butter to slow cooker and turn on HIGH.
- Melt butter, stir in flour.
- Gradually pour in broth, then cream.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Stir in cooked chicken, mushrooms and cooked spaghetti.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
Chicken and broth may be cooked the day ahead of serving and
be refrigerated at this point. Then 1 hour before serving time,
combine the remaining ingredients and complete.