- 4 pounds chicken, cut up
- 1 small bottle ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can Coca-Cola (not diet)
- Place cut up chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add the ketchup, onion, celery seed, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the Coca-Cola; stir once.
- Turn pot to LOW; cook overnight or for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from bones and also remove bay leaf.
- Serve the chicken over cooked rice.
Yield: 6 generous servings