Cranberry Chicken 2
- 1 chicken, cut up (or your favorite parts)
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (washed and sorted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Place in the slow cooker with onion, cranberries,
salt, cinnamon, ginger, orange rind and orange juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and separate meat from bone; set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add flour and cook into a roux.
- Stir into liquid in slow cooker to thicken.
- Add chicken meat and brown sugar; stir to combine.
This is great served with rice!