Cranberry Chicken 2
- 1 chicken, cut up (or your favorite parts)
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (washed and sorted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Place in the slow cooker with onion, cranberries,
salt, cinnamon, ginger, orange rind and orange juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and separate meat from bone; set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add flour and cook into a roux.
- Stir into liquid in slow cooker to thicken.
- Add chicken meat and brown sugar; stir to combine.
This is great served with rice!
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.