Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium chicken legs (drumstick-thigh portion), skinned
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces dried wide noodles (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place carrots, onion, celery,
parsley and bay leaf.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- In a bowl stir together soup, water, thyme and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; cool slightly.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir peas into soup mixture in slow cooker.
- Remove chicken from bones; discard bones.
- Cut meat into bite-size pieces; stir into slow cooker.
- To serve, pour chicken mixture over noodles; toss gently to
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
Yield: about 4 servings
Nutritional facts per serving: calories: 406 , total fat:
7g , saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 122mg, sodium: 532mg, carbohydrate: 56g, fiber: 5g, protein: 28g, vitamin A: 127%, vitamin C: 60%, calcium: 6%, iron: 19%