- 1 (28 ounce) can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups converted white rice
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed of fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, mix together the tomatoes with their
liquid, tomato sauce, onion, apple, green pepper, raisins, curry,
garlic, ginger, cayenne, and rice.
- Cut each chicken breast half
crosswise into 5 pieces.Stir the chicken pieces into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 3 1/2 hours, or until the chicken
is cooked through and the rice is tender. Do not overcook or
the rice will be mushy.
- Garnish with sliced black olives.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/25/02 3:19:05 am.