Chicken and Herb Dumplings
- 1 (3 pound) chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 cup packaged biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 10 small white onions
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and place in slow cooker.
- Insert cloves in one onion.
- Put all onions into pot.
- Add garlic, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf and wine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves.
- Stir in sour cream. Increase heat to HIGH.
- Combine biscuit mix with parsley.
- Stir milk into biscuit mix until
well moistened. Drop dumplings from teaspoon around edge of pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.