Chicken and Herb Dumplings
- 1 (3 pound) chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 cup packaged biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 10 small white onions
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and place in slow cooker.
- Insert cloves in one onion.
- Put all onions into pot.
- Add garlic, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf and wine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves.
- Stir in sour cream. Increase heat to HIGH.
- Combine biscuit mix with parsley.
- Stir milk into biscuit mix until
well moistened. Drop dumplings from teaspoon around edge of pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.