This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- If using whole chicken breasts, cut into halves.
- In a bowl beat egg, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken into the egg,
then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet sauté chicken in the butter.
- Arrange eggplant and the chicken in slow cooker, (Place eggplant on
the bottom or it will not cook completely.)
- Pour pizza sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add mozzarella cheese; sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.