This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken and Rice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 pounds raw chicken
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup rice, uncooked
- Slice mushrooms.
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Brown mushrooms, onion, and chicken
pieces on all sides over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings and transfer to slow cooker. Can be refrigerated overnight.
- Start slow cooker on LOW.
- When ingredients are heated, add rice. Cook until done.
Yield: 6 servings
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.