Five Flavor Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken breast halves without skin
- 1 1/4 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sherry in a small bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces into sauce; place chicken pieces in crock
pot; pour remaining sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
- Remove chicken to warm serving dish.
- Pour juices into a skillet.
- Blend cornstarch with a little of the cooled sauce, then whisk into skillet.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Pour a little sauce over chicken and pass remainder.