Five Flavors Chicken
- 3 3/4 to 4 pounds chicken parts
- 1 (1 1/4-inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped, or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet sake wine), dry sherry or gin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim tips off wings and pull skin off other chicken parts.
- Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey and spirits.
- Dip each piece of chicken into sauce.
- Place chicken in crock and pour remaining sauce over it.
- Cover and cook on LOW. Wings will be ready in 5 to 5 1/2 hours,
other parts in 6 hours. (On HIGH, wings will take about 2 1/2 hours,
other parts 3 hours.)
- Remove chicken to warmed serving dish.
- Pour juices into skillet.
- Blend cornstarch with a little of the cooled juices, then whisk
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Pour a little sauce over chicken and pass remaining sauce in pitcher.