Five Flavors Chicken
- 3 3/4 to 4 pounds chicken parts
- 1 (1 1/4-inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped, or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet sake wine), dry sherry or gin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked rice
- Trim tips off wings and pull skin off other chicken parts.
- Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey and spirits.
- Dip each piece of chicken into sauce.
- Place chicken in crock and pour remaining sauce over it.
- Cover and cook on LOW. Wings will be ready in 5 to 5 1/2 hours,
other parts in 6 hours. (On HIGH, wings will take about 2 1/2 hours,
other parts 3 hours.)
- Remove chicken to warmed serving dish.
- Pour juices into skillet.
- Blend cornstarch with a little of the cooled juices, then whisk
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Pour a little sauce over chicken and pass remaining sauce in pitcher.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.