- 3 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon
- Remove skin from chicken if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Remove to platter.
- Combine wine, parsley, oregano, and red pepper flakes in large bowl.
- Add garlic and celery; coat well.
- Transfer garlic and celery to slow cooker with slotted spoon.
- Add chicken to remaining herb mixture; coat well.
- Place chicken on top of garlic and celery in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and peel in slow cooker; add remaining herb mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until chicken is no longer
pink in center.
Yield: about 6 servings
Per Serving: 419 Calories; 28g Fat (61.4% calories from fat);
30g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3