Herbed Lemon Chicken and Rice
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mixed chopped herbs - dill, parsley, oregano, marjoram
- 1 3/4 cups canned chicken broth
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Put chicken pieces and garlic in
a shallow glass dish and pour lemon juice over.
- Cover with plastic
wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, turning
chicken pieces occasionally.
- When ready to cook, drain the chicken, reserving lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, shake flour and paprika to
- Add a chicken piece and shake to coat evenly.
- Repeat until all chicken pieces
are dredged in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken pieces in oil over
medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Place rice in a slow cooker and top with onion and chicken.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together reserved lemon juice and
garlic, salt, pepper, herbs and broth.
- Bring to a full boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour overchicken. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours
or on HIGH for 2 1/4 to 3 hours.