Jamaica-Me-Crazy Chicken Tropicale
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in pineapple juice, drained,
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning or to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Place sweet potatoes in bottom of nonstick-sprayed 3 1/2- to
5-quart slow cooker.
- Add water chestnuts, raisins and pineapple
- Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning and place over potato mixture.
- Combine pineapple juice, ginger, cumin seed, onion flakes, lime
zest and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low
heat for 7-9 hours until chicken and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Louise Lever, Rome, Georgia - Rival Crock-Pot Slow Cooking Recipe Contest