King Ranch Chicken
- 3 to 4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (1 cup) tomatoes and chiles (Ro-tel)
- 4 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl mix chicken, soup, tomatoes and chile and tapioca.
- Tear 2 or 3 tortillas into pieces and line the bottom of a 5-quart
- Add 1/3 of the chicken mixture; top with 1/3 of the onion
- Repeat layers of tortillas, chicken mixture, onion and
cheese two more times.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on
HIGH for 3 hours.
For a smaller 3-quart slow cooker make 1/2 recipe.