- 3 1/2 pounds chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 1/2 ounces sliced pineapple in syrup
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 4 green onions, diagonally cut
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Combine ginger, garlic, broth and syrup from pineapple; set aside.
- Cut pineapple slices into fourths.
- Arrange pineapple and water chestnuts over chicken.
- Pour ginger sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on HIGH
for 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW and cook an additional 2 to 3 hours
or until chicken is tender (it can be cooked up to 8 hours).
- Add green onions.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar. Stir into pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with chow mein noodles.