Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Remove skin and excess fat from chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix oregano, seasoned salt and pepper, rub into
chicken using all of the mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Place water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon granules in skillet.
- Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil, loosening browned bits
from bottom of skillet.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 hours
or until chicken is almost tender.
- Add parsley and baste chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15-30
minutes or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clear
when cut along bone in thickest portion.
- Serve with rice.