- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot rice
- Combine flour with salt.
- Coat chicken thoroughly.
- In a skillet, brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot oil and drain.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir together lemonade, brown sugar, catsup and vinegar.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Pour cooking liquid into a saucepan.
- Return chicken to slow cooker; cover and keep warm.
- Skim fat from liquid.
- Blend cold water slowly into cornstarch.
- Stir into hot liquid.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve chicken with gravy over hot, cooked rice.