Lotsa Garlic Crock Pot Chicken
This is also known as 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken. Here the chicken is
prepared in a crock pot instead of baked. It's just as delicious as the baked
- 3-4 pounds chicken pieces, cuts desired (thighs, breasts and legs work well)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 20-40 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole*
* Depending on the bulb, each may contain anywhere from 7 to 12 cloves.
- Place the onion slices in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the olive oil, paprika, salt and
- Lay the chicken on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle the garlic cloves over the top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Serve over rice or your favorite pasta.
- Use the garlic cloves as a spread on French bread slices, if desired.