Low-Fat Chicken Primavera Marsala
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 cup skimmed chicken broth
- 1 cup skimmed Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons Molly McButter
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1/8 cup cold water mixed together
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccini noodles (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Salt, to taste
- Night before: Cut and slice vegetables, chop garlic and burn off
the alcohol in the marsala wine (optional). Put in refrigerator
- The next morning: Combine all ingredients except corn starch mixture
and noodles and put in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Place chicken breast on plate with a side of pasta.
- Place vegetables over chicken and the pasta.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to juices
left over in slow cooker until sauce thickens (only add as much cornstarch
mixture as needed to achieve desired thickness).
- Spoon over pasta and chicken.
Source: California Fresh, Rancho Cordova, California