- Marinade: The night before mix together the marinade ingredients in a large,
closable container large enough to also hold the chicken pieces.
- When marinade is thoroughly mixed, add the chicken, close container
and refrigerate until morning.
- In the morning place the chicken in the slow cooker and add marinade
up to about an inch from the top of the container.
- Chicken: Set the slow cooker on LOW; cover, and let cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Set the slow cooker to HIGH.
- About an hour later, sauté the sliced mushrooms in the butter or
- Add the mushrooms (with pan juices), mandarin sections,
green pepper and ginger into the slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
- Mix together the cornstarch, milk and cold water, then gradually
add into the slow cooker while stirring until the entire mixture thickens
- Cover the slow cooker and let simmer for 15 to 30 minutes until