- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1-ounce) packet au jus gravy mix or brown gravy mix
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 7 whole pepperoncini
- 3 cups cooked white or wild rice, for serving
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken breasts or thighs along the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the chopped onion on top, then sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and
gravy mix on top.
- Set the butter on the top of the chicken.
- Top with the pepperoncini.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- You may shred the chicken before serving, if desired.
- Serve over wild rice.
Yield: 6 servings