- In medium bowl, combine cranberries and brown sugar; set aside.
- Toast bread; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine bread cubes, 2 tablespoons
melted butter or margarine, orange zest and cranberry mixture.
- Place one chicken breast at a time in small plastic bag or between
sheets of wax paper.
- Lightly pound with meat mallet. Repeat with all breasts.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup cranberry mixture on center of
- Roll up; skewer to close (wooden picks work).
- In shallow dish, combine orange juice and 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Roll filled breasts in orange-juice-butter mixture.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours.
Yield: 8 servings
If you'd rather not bother rolling up the chicken breasts,
follow these directions: Combine canned sauce with orange zest.
Roll unfilled chicken breasts in orange- juice-butter mixture. Place
in slow cooker. Cover with sauce; top with bread cubes. Drizzle 2
tablespoons melted butter or margarine over bread cubes. Cook on
LOW about 5 hours.
To serve, remove chicken to platter. Spoon drippings over chicken.
Garnish with orange slices.