- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken parts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Combine ginger, garlic, broth and syrup from pineapple.
- Cut pineapple slices into quarters.
- Arrange pineapple and water chestnuts over chicken.
- Pour ginger sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add scallions.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar.
- Stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with crisp chow mein noodles.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings