- 5 drumsticks with thighs attached
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red raspberry fruit spread or jam
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cooked rice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine soy sauce, fruit spread, mustard and pepper.
- Brush mixture on chicken.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour remaining soy mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm.
- Turn control to HIGH.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cold water.
- Stir into cooking juices in slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
Spoon over chicken.
- Serve over cooked rice.