Roast Lemon Chicken
- 1 to 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the oregano and garlic inside the cavity.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with remaining oregano and garlic.
- Add water to skillet and stir to loosen brown bits.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Add lemon juice the last hour of cooking.