- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets
from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making
sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook chicken put the onions into the cavity, put the
chicken into the slow cooker and do not add any liquid. As the cooking
process goes on it will produce its own juices.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone tender.