Savory Turkey Breast
- 1 (6 1/2 pound) bone-in turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 1 medium onion (1/2 cup), chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery (1/2 cup), chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- Remove gravy packet or extra parts from turkey breast. Place onion, celery
and bay leaf in cavity of turkey.
- Place turkey into 5-6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper.
- Mix bouillon granules and water until granules are dissolved; pour over
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until juice of turkey no longer
runs pink when center is cut.
- Remove bay leaf.
Yield: 10 servings
Cover and refrigerate turkey up to 4 days. Or freeze up to 4 months. To thaw
frozen cooked turkey, place container in refrigerator about 8 hours.