Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Combine oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer
to a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon
to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits.
Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Baste the chicken. Add parsley.
- Cover and cook 15 to 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
- If desired, thicken cooking juices and serve over chicken and rice.
Yield: 6 servings