Slow-Cooked Oriental Chicken
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic and ginger; pour
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW; cook 4 to 5 hours longer or until the meat juices
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; sprinkle with almonds.
- Spoon juices over chicken or thicken if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings