Slow-Cooker Smothered Chicken
with Bacon and Onions
Sautéed onions and bacon bring their special flavors to this creamy slow-cooker
chicken dish that's perfect on top of noodles.
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tub (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon
from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Add onions to reserved drippings;
cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally and adding
flour, pepper and half the bacon to skillet for the last minute.
- Whisk in broth
until blended. (Onion mixture will be thick.)
- Add chicken to slow cooker; cover with onion mixture.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 5
hours (or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours).
- About 15 minutes before ready to serve, cook noodles as directed on package,
- Drain noodles; place on platter.
- Top with chicken, reserving onion mixture in
- Mix cream cheese spread, milk and garlic powder until blended.
- Add to onion mixture;
- Spoon over chicken; top with parsley and remaining bacon.
Prep Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 4 hr. 50 min.
Serving suggestion: Serve with hot steamed green beans.
Nutritional Information - Serving Size 8 servings - Amount per Serving: Calories
380 Total fat 19g Saturated fat 8g Cholesterol 150mg Sodium 390mg Carbohydrate 22g
Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 28g
% Daily Value Vitamin A 8% DV Vitamin C 2% DV Calcium 6% DV Iron 10% DV
Recipe and photo credit:
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com.