- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In 2 1/2- to 3-quart slow cooker, layer potatoes, onion and chicken.
- Sprinkle with thyme and pepper.
- Add bay leaves.
- In small bowl, blend
1 cup water and seasoning packets from ramen noodles (reserve noodles);
pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water. Cover.
- Cook on LOW at least 7 hours or until vegetables and chicken are
- Wash hands.
- (Insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest
part of the chicken. Internal temperature should read 180 degrees
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Break ramen noodles up, stir into slow cooker.
- Cover, cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until noodles
are tender, stirring gently once.
- Gently stir before serving to shred chicken and mix well.
- Serve stew in large bowls with a salad, if desired.
Refrigerate leftovers immediately.