Sunny Citrus Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed,
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 fresh mild green chile or jalapeno pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can drained mandarin oranges (optional)
- Adjust the flavors to your personal taste. Use the higher range
of orange juice, honey and jalapeno for extra orange flavor, spice
or sweetness, depending on your preference.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, honey, tapioca,
chile or jalapeno pepper, salt and onion flakes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until tender.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.