Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, lemon-lime soda, garlic, soy sauce and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (they may fall apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
- Serve over rice or noodles.