- Wash chicken well under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Set chicken aside.
- Cover bottom of 5-quart slow cooker with carrots, mushrooms, onion
and green pepper.
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice; add pineapple
chunks to slow cooker.
- Set chicken pieces on top.
- Blend together cornstarch, tomato soup, vinegar, brown sugar, soy
sauce, salt, ginger and garlic in medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Blend in reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Yield: 4 servings
The quantity of cornstarch used in this recipe is not excessive;
slow cooking in combination with sweet-sour ingredients lessens
its thickening power.