Spend 15 minutes in the morning, and this classic dish is ready at dinnertime.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 to 3 1/2 lb cut-up frying chicken
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium bulb garlic (about 20 cloves)
- In small bowl, mix salt, paprika, pepper and oil to form paste; spread evenly
over each piece of chicken.
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion slices.
- Arrange chicken over onion.
- Separate garlic into cloves; do not peel cloves. Place garlic cloves around chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 7 to 8 hours.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken, onion and garlic from slow cooker; place
on serving platter.
- Squeeze garlic cloves to use cooked garlic on mashed potatoes, vegetables or
15 min prep time | 8 hr 15 min total time | 6 servings
This sounds like a lot of garlic, but the garlic flavor dissipates during the
long cooking. Plan to serve the cooked garlic with another part of the meal. It
is delicious on bread or mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe Calories 260 Calories from Fat
130 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 85mg Sodium 480mg Total
Carbohydrate 6g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 2g Protein 28g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 4% Iron 8%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 4 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.